Best city trips

Veröffentlichen Sie hier Ihre Reiseberichte (Tripreports).
Publish your tripreports here.

Moderatoren: Markus, Triple Nickel

Antworten
EDLVrules
Advanced User

Best city trips

Beitrag von EDLVrules »

Hello everybody,

Which city's do you guys like and are mostly cheap?? and I prefer to fly from weeze.
because I'm planning a city trip this summer :)

thanks
My name does say enough
NiesiausBo
Senior User
Re: Best city trips

Beitrag von NiesiausBo »

Well, my favourite city is London. It has so much to offer, that you can easily spend a week there, without seeing anything twice. As the pound has fallen in recent years, London does not have to be expensive at all.
You can sleep in a hostel for 5 to 8 pounds (http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... ndon/24510), have a pint of Beer for around £2,50 and get a good meal in a pub for around £5.
Public transportation is reliable and efficient and tickets costs around £5 for the inner zones (1+2) per day.
Museums e.g. the British Museums often have free entry, though the top tourist spots are a rip-off like everywhere.

Berlin is also a city worth visiting. Krakow and Riga are a bit smaller but are worth to spend a weekend away.

Another city I really liked a lot was Stockholm. It is quite expensive, but if you are travelling on a budget, you might be interested in the camp ground, situated in Skärholmen, which is just a 20 minute metro ride away from the city centre. (http://www.bredangcamping.se/)
Besser günstig fliegen, als teuer fahren!

Bild
Markus
Administrator

Beitrag von Markus »

My advice is definitively Berlin. In comparison to other big western European cities, everything is quite cheap (flight, transfer, transport, accommodation, food, drinks...).
You have lots of sights, mostly dry weather, and in case of volcano activities no problems to get back to Weeze by train/coach etc... :twisted:

Second would be Hamburg, but what a pity no one flies there from NRN.

Other destinations I did like very much AND are reachable from Weeze: Budapest, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Bergamo

For more advices, maybe you can inform us about your main interests (e.g. sights/ museums/ shopping/ party/ history...)
Bild
EDLVrules
Advanced User

Beitrag von EDLVrules »

trips I've already had were London and Dublin.
I've liked Dublin alot because it was very cheap (in my opinion) and you had some nice sights.
my main interests are: party :D, sights and maybe shopping :)
Thanks for your help :)
My name does say enough
NiesiausBo
Senior User

Beitrag von NiesiausBo »

Dublin, cheap?
You must have been in another Dublin than the one I know :)
Besser günstig fliegen, als teuer fahren!

Bild
EDLVrules
Advanced User

Beitrag von EDLVrules »

I liked the price of the hotel we've been in. and the food wasn't that expensive. but what I've already said it is my opinion ;)
My name does say enough
cabfish
Senior User

Beitrag von cabfish »

City-destination that I like most is Barcelona. A lot to see and to do, very special architecture, nice harbour, cheap and efficient public transport and if you want you can even go by metro to the city-beach or relax in the sun in one of the parks on the hills around Barcelona that you can reach with one of those funiculars. Fantastic view from the hills on to the city. Lots of shops in the city and good bars and restaurants except the Ramblas - to my mind they are only nep but nice to see...For partylocations you better ask someone of your age :wink:
EDLVrules
Advanced User

Beitrag von EDLVrules »

haha ok thanks for your city!! :D
My name does say enough
Antworten