V Bird - Dutchbird & Imca und dann.....

Hier sind alte Diskussionen über V Bird, den ehemaligen Homecarrier des Flughafens Weeze, archiviert.
Here old discussions about V Bird, the former homecarrier of Airport Weeze, are archived.

Moderatoren: Markus, Rolf

NRNFan
Junior User

Beitrag von NRNFan »

I have sent this message to Erik de Vlieger (chairman of the Imca Group) and he answered!

--Zou het geen goed idee zijn Dutchbird en V-Bird samen te voegen? Krijg je meteen een gestandaardiseerde vloot van 5x A320. Niet gek voor een nieuwe lowcost- en charterairline. De B757's komen bij Exel wel van pas, denk ik. Combi Dutchbird/V-Bird lijkt me perfecte tegenhanger voor Transavia, dat met Basiq Air volgens veel consumenten toch een vrij matig product levert voor best wel hoge prijzen(monopolie...)
Natuurlijk vanaf twee vliegvelden opereren! Met wat meer marketing in NL moet van Niederrhein een goed draaiend tweede 'NL' vliegveld kunnen worden gemaakt. En als leading carrier heeft Dutchbird/V-Bird dan de kans op Niederrhein z'n eigen stempel te zetten. Heel wat anders dan het nummer dat je met een kleinere airline toch op Schiphol bent, hoewel belangrijk voor m.n. het charterverkeer. Mijn ervaring is echter ook, dat mensen best een eindje willen rijden in ruil voor lagere prijzen. En Niederrhein is doorgaans filevrij bereikbaar. Succes ermee. Ik hoop dat mijn voorspelling uitkomt. Vooral de gemotiveerde medewerkers van V-Bird en Airport Niederrhein verdienen het. Groeten van een fan van V-Bird en NRN.--

In English (short): combine V-Bird and Dutchbird, than you have 5 A320's for fighting against Transavia/Basiq Air. Of course with operations from two airports: AMS (mainly for charter) and NRN (mainly for lowcost). With better marketing NRN could be a great second 'Dutch' airport.

Erik de Vlieger reacted already:
--Wat een grappig idee Gerard !! Daar had ik nog niet bij stilgestaan.Maar zoiets duurt misschien wel heel lang.Twee overnames in één keer kunnen maar weinig ondernemers.--

In English: What a funny idea!! I had not yet 'stand still' by such a idea. But I think it will take a lot of time. Two take-overs in one time is possible for just a few businessman.

Maybe De Vlieger can???
Oliver
Senior User

Beitrag von Oliver »

@NRNFan;
Aha,
du warst das mit der "geklauten Idee" bei Erik,
ich dac´hte mir schon das dei einer mitgelesen hat.
Schelm.... :wink: :wink:

Olli
Meine Signatur?,..... die ist in Kur.......:-)
dD
Senior User
Beitrag von dD »

zu NOTAM:

Das mit der B757 steht schon seit ewigen Zeiten drin!
Es sind ja auch schon beide B757 von DBR auf NRN geflogen (für einen Charter vor einiger Zeit).

Dass sich irgend jemand solche Optionen offen hält is ok, hat aber ganz sicher nix mit der "Rettung" VBirds zu tun. Also vergesst das NOTAM!

Die anderen Dinge (Olli's Spekulatius) sind da schon Intereesanter.
Ich bezweifele allerdings dass es so kommt. Meine Meinung! :wink:

Gruß aus Cairo
dD
Bild
AMS flyer
Junior User

Beitrag von AMS flyer »

Some news about DBR's B757's..... All three B757's are going back to the leasecompany early 2005 (inside information!). There's no decision yet about the A320's but there's a fair chance that they will be replaced by..... Boeing 737-400 aircrafts!! Didn't ExelAviation buy 4 B734's....??!!
robertv
Junior User

Beitrag von robertv »

AMS flyer hat geschrieben:Some news about DBR's B757's..... All three B757's are going back to the leasecompany early 2005 (inside information!). There's no decision yet about the A320's but there's a fair chance that they will be replaced by..... Boeing 737-400 aircrafts!! Didn't ExelAviation buy 4 B734's....??!!
Hi,

doesn't make a lot of sense to replace the A320's by 734's. They've had to retrain their pilots to fly on the A320's after moving from a 757-200 fleet only to a mixed A320/B752 fleet. Now if they remove both out of the fleet they'll have to retrain ALL pilots, instead of just the 752 pilots to fly on the Boeing 737-400's.

I'm not an expert on lease prices (in fact i have no idear what they cost) of the A320 vs the B734. But i think it's safe to asume that it's cheaper to pay a little bit more on the A320 lease then to rent the B734 and re-train all your pilots. Also the A320 should do better on fuel economy?

Not saying they won't do it... Just don't understand why they would.

Cheers,

Robert
heinz-w
Beitrag von heinz-w »

Easy solution: Fire the A320 pilots, hire Boeing pilots. No retraining needed.
conrad

Beitrag von conrad »

typical american tripe :cry:
Roel
Junior User
Beitrag von Roel »

I think these are a little too much speculations. Don't see Dutchbird flying with 737-400's, for the same reasons as mentioned above.
Firing the 320 pilots is no serious thing, it's netherlands, and to fire those people is perhaps more expensive then training new ones.
Brand new Eindhoven Airport Forum:

http://www.ewas.nl/eforum
heinz-w
Beitrag von heinz-w »

That's true. I didn't say that it would be my favourite solution, but that's what any airline would do: Hire and Fire. I don't think anyone of the big bosses cares about the individual. It's a shame but that's the way life goes: Bad for the A320 pilot, good for the Boeing man.
:cry:
Gesperrt