Laarbruch Handbook

Diskussionen über die RAF Germany. (RAF Laarbruch, Brüggen, Gütersloh, Wildenrath)
Discussion about RAF Germany. (RAF Laarbruch, Bruggen, Gutersloh, Wildenrath)

Moderatoren: Rolf, Triple Nickel, Copter

Antworten
heinz-w
Laarbruch Handbook

Beitrag von heinz-w »

I got some copies of the Laarbruch Handbook (each 70 pages) on loan. Unfortunately they are not dated, so we have to guess from the text when they were published.
And - I have to give them back very soon.
I scanned a few pages. so, if you're interested, take a look:
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild[/img]
Rolf
Beitrag von Rolf »

Very interesting, Heinz-W!
The situation described must have been between 1984 and 1988, when 3 Tornado squadrons and one Jaguar sqn. were based at Laarbruch.
eT

Beitrag von eT »

interesting indeed.

I think it would be very valuable to scan all the pages and put them online, i.e. in form of a 'photo'-album, so that you can click a forward button for the next page. or/and a downloadable zip file with all the pages, which would be easier to read/view on a computer using i.e. IrfanView or any other graphic / picture viewing programm. (perhaps even a high-res and a low-res version, for download depending on the users internet-connection-speed)

eT
Triple Nickel
Beitrag von Triple Nickel »

Sehr interessant H-W,

Danke furs scannen!!!

Gruss, Ron
heinz-w
Beitrag von heinz-w »

@ ET: To scan the whole stuff would take quite a lot of time. I have got 5 booklets at 70 pages each. That means 350 scans plus the work with software. I don't think that I will have the time to do this. And I have to return the booklets in two or three weeks.
Maybe I'll search the booklets for some interesting pages. And: Some pages are the same in every handbook.
we'll see.
K-Man
Senior User
Beitrag von K-Man »

Sehr interessanntes Material...daß schreit nach RAFG Museum :wink:

Gruß,
K-Man
eT

Beitrag von eT »

heinz-w hat geschrieben:@ ET: To scan the whole stuff would take quite a lot of time. I have got 5 booklets at 70 pages each. That means 350 scans plus the work with software. I don't think that I will have the time to do this. And I have to return the booklets in two or three weeks.
Maybe I'll search the booklets for some interesting pages. And: Some pages are the same in every handbook.
we'll see.
Do you have a digital camera?
Works much faster than a scanner!
Books flat on the ground, cam with a tripod or something similar towards them (rectengular) ... focus, click and in the box. Either shoot with the right frame, or do a jpg-lossless-crop with software later. [ie. with JPEGCrops http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/ = freeware!]
Don't forget to perform manual white balance.
I know this also give some work, but less than with a flatbed scanner. Much less.
eT
Antworten