flightchecker in gütersloh

Diskussionen über die RAF Germany. (RAF Laarbruch, Brüggen, Gütersloh, Wildenrath)
Discussion about RAF Germany. (RAF Laarbruch, Bruggen, Gutersloh, Wildenrath)

Moderatoren: Rolf, Triple Nickel, Copter

Antworten
letsmoveit
Junior User

flightchecker in gütersloh

Beitrag von letsmoveit »

for everyone who has nothing else to do on the 29th and
30th of Nov.:
a flightchecker will calibrate the TACAN-system @ ETUO on both
days between 8 a.m and 5 p.m ( watch the NOTAM )
choppergirl
New User

Beitrag von choppergirl »

lets hope that it will work out weatherwise and we will see some fixedwing again....doesnt look to good right now... :? :shock:
RAF Gütersloh- there is no better way to fly
Triple Nickel
Beitrag von Triple Nickel »

@ Choppergirl: According to your nickname you better have choppers than fixed-wingers... :wink: :D :wink: :D :roll:

Well there's a start :

Gutersloh 29/11/05
29.G-FPLA Beech 200T "Flightchecker"

Isn't it true that the Runway in ETUO is civilian owned by a man who owns his own Gulfstream?

I was wandering through the internet lately wenn I found that Gutersloh as a Runway of 2252 x 46m. Laarbruch's runway has a lenght of 2450x45m. So I do not understand wy we never saw the Tristars at Laarbruch. And you could see them at ETUO at very regular bases...

Greetz, Ron
Diego A. Maradona
Senior User

Beitrag von Diego A. Maradona »

Welche Nation ist denn in Gütersloh stationiert?
SVM
letsmoveit
Junior User

Beitrag von letsmoveit »

well, I really do have no explanation why you didnt see any Tristar in Laarbruch. Maybe we always had and still have a better NAAFI-shop :wink:
the story with that privatly owned runway is totally wrong, as it belongs to the german authorities in the end, even though the british Army is using it ( question No. 2 answered in one go :) )

yup, the flightchecking has been completed within the last 2 days, so lets see where that TACAN-thing will be heading us towards to...

but anyway....we would love to see the SV Meppen flying in @ ETUO for an firstleaguematch against Bielefeld one fine day, even in an Gulfstream :P
Diego A. Maradona
Senior User

Beitrag von Diego A. Maradona »

I really want to hope for this match but if i see the situation today i have big doubt it becomes reality one day... but 8) you have seen horses vomiting in front of pharmacies, too!
SVM
White Cap
Senior User

Beitrag von White Cap »

Triple Nickel hat geschrieben:@ Choppergirl: According to your nickname you better have choppers than fixed-wingers... :wink: :D :wink: :D :roll:

Well there's a start :

Gutersloh 29/11/05
29.G-FPLA Beech 200T "Flightchecker"

Isn't it true that the Runway in ETUO is civilian owned by a man who owns his own Gulfstream?

I was wandering through the internet lately wenn I found that Gutersloh as a Runway of 2252 x 46m. Laarbruch's runway has a lenght of 2450x45m. So I do not understand wy we never saw the Tristars at Laarbruch. And you could see them at ETUO at very regular bases...

Greetz, Ron
Hello Ron,

Between Nov 85 & Nov 93, I had to deal with the only Tristar that landed at Laarbruch. It was diverted because of fog. Pax were bused to other locations because it was not allowed to take off with a full load. This was because of the Laarbruch's fire category.

I served at Laarbruch from Nov 78 to Nov 81, Nov 85 to Nov 93, Oct 94 to Oct 97 and I can't remember carrying out any Custom & Excise (Zoll) on any other Tristar.

Cheers,
Nick :wink:
Morpheus

Beitrag von Morpheus »

Hey Nick,

Do you still have a date of the Tristar???? We really could use it in our Laarbruch movements list!!!

Rene
White Cap
Senior User

Beitrag von White Cap »

Morpheus hat geschrieben:Hey Nick,

Do you still have a date of the Tristar???? We really could use it in our Laarbruch movements list!!!

Rene
Hello Rene,

Sorry, I never thought of collecting info in those days :cry: :cry: All I can remember is that it was between 85 & March 89.

Cheers,
Nick
Antworten