S-58 now!

Diskutieren Sie hier über erwartete Fluggeräte.
Discuss about expected aircraft here.

Moderatoren: Triple Nickel, Morpheus

Diego A. Maradona
Senior User

Beitrag von Diego A. Maradona »

hey Roger,

good luck, hope we will see your nice pictures from our MIMI! From where you are in Belgium have to spent 3 hours to come here?
SVM
Roger
New User

Beitrag von Roger »

Well Ron, the rain didn't stop and the entire trip was a disaster. At first the traffic out of The Hague was terrible, so it took already 3 hours to reach the German border, we passed it at Venlo, and after that things went realy wrong as we couldn't find the airport. Ofcourse we hadn't a map with us, as we had a "navigator" with us who "knew" where to go. He didn't and it realy started to storm,rain and hail by then, as it was already well passed 23.00 hrs we thought it was wiser to cancel the trip. Were back at "base" at around 2.30. However, if we could have found the field, I don't think, in the bad visibility, rain and stormy wind, it was possible to get the pics anyway. So, bad luck. Maybe the S58 stays over the weekend (don't think so, but let me hope :lol: ) and we get a second chanche. But to end this sad story, it was our fault to go so unprepared. Next time better. And by the way, I am from Leiden, in between Amsterdam and The Hague, but I work in Belgium most time of the month ( and my father came from Belgium). Will there be another airshow/event at Niederrhein in 2005, as there was one in 2004. I missed this years edition, but understood that it was well worth the trip. Thanks for the help. Best wishes, Roger
heinz-w
Beitrag von heinz-w »

Ihre Route: 188.03 km (In Karte anzeigen)
2244 's-Gravenhage
---
Wember Str.
47652 Weeze 188.03 km

01:58 h
Beschreibung
Fahren Sie an der Auffahrt 2 Centrum auf die A12 in Richtung Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam. Folgen Sie der A12 für 107.31 km. 01:06 h
108.59 km

Wechseln Sie an der Anschlußstelle Knooppunt Grijsoord von der A12 auf die A50 in Richtung Nijmegen, 's-Hertogenbosch. Folgen Sie der A50 für 21.11 km 01:18 h
129.70 km

Wechseln Sie an der Anschlußstelle Knooppunt Ewijk von der A50 auf die A73 in Richtung Nijmegen, E31, Venlo, Köln. Folgen Sie der A73 für 28.00 km 01:35 h
157.70 km

Wechseln Sie an der Anschlußstelle Knooppunt Rijkevoort von der A73 auf die A77 in Richtung E31, Köln, Gennep, Goch, Nieuw Bergen. Folgen Sie der A77 für 10.40 km 01:41 h
168.10 km

Sie verlassen Niederlande. 01:41 h
168.10 km

Sie erreichen Deutschland. 01:41 h
168.10 km

Wechseln Sie an der Anschlußstelle 2 Gennep von der A77 auf die A57 in Richtung E31, Köln, A77, Goch, Krefeld. Folgen Sie der A57 für 10.30 km 01:47 h
178.40 km

Verlassen Sie die A57 an der Ausfahrt 3 As Goch in Richtung Geldern, Kevelaer, Weeze und fahren Sie auf die Gocher Straße (B9). Folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für 2.58 km. 01:49 h
180.98 km
13 Sie passieren jetzt die Ortseinfahrt von Weeze. 01:49 h
180.98 km

Bleiben Sie auf der Gocher Straße (B9) und folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für 952 m. 01:51 h
181.93 km

Verlassen Sie die Gocher Straße (B9) und fahren Sie weiter geradeaus auf die B9. Folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für 1.36 km. 01:53 h
183.30 km

Verlassen Sie die B9 und biegen Sie halb rechts in den Willy-Brandt-Ring (L361) ein. Folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für 1.73 km. 01:55 h
185.03 km
17 Sie verlassen Weeze. 01:55 h
185.03 km

Verlassen Sie den Willy-Brandt-Ring (L361) und biegen Sie links in die L361 ein. Folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für etwa 3.00 km. 01:58 h
188.03 km
19 Sie sind nach 188.03 km und 1:57 h an Ihrem Fahrtziel, dem Airport Niederrhein, angekommen.
Diego A. Maradona
Senior User

Beitrag von Diego A. Maradona »

The best way from Leiden to NRN, i think, is to take the A12 up to Arnhem. Then south on A50 ? Then left to Nijmegen, then south on A73 to Venlo, then on A77. This motorway change automatically in german A57. Then behind border there is Afrijt 3 Goch/Weeze. Then you have to drive to Weeze and follow the airport sign.
SVM
Triple Nickel
Beitrag von Triple Nickel »

I'm sorry to hear this story Roger. This is one of the worst scenarious a spotter can encounter...

Bad weather, not finding the airfield.... ( I rember this scenario on my first trip to Laarbruch. (only we had good weather :wink: )

But hey, maybe this helo stays in this c/s for the following year and will fly to some airshows.

For next time if you are in Venlo... follow N271 towards nijmegen.
In Well turn right towards Kevaer / ''welsche hut''

Forllow this road, it goes on for about 10km and it passes the dutch/german border. At the roundabout go left and drive throught the town of "Wemb''.
After wemb you see the former RAF main gate on your left hand side...

Greetz, Ron
eT

Beitrag von eT »

Diego A. Maradona hat geschrieben:The best way from Leiden to NRN, i think, is to take the A12 up to Arnhem. Then south on A50 ? Then left to Nijmegen, then south on A73 to Venlo, then on A77. This motorway change automatically in german A57. Then behind border there is Afrijt 3 Goch/Weeze. Then you have to drive to Weeze and follow the airport sign.
@Roger:
Erg jammer! Maar Diego heeft gelijk, vanuit Leiden.
Een ander mogelijkheid (meestal zonder flitsers) is via Rotterdam, Ridderkerk, de A15 ('transnederland highway'), rond Nijmegen richting 'Venlo/Köln' en dan zo als door Diego beschreven in Boxmeer op de A77 (en daar staan nu een tijdje ook borden 'richting Airport Niederrhein volg Keulen/Klön', of zo. Zonder file, vanuit hier (Rotterdam), in minder dan 2 uur te doen.

Sterkte en success voor de volgende keer!
Greetz
eT

p.s.: BTW: welke 'Navigationsoftware' heb je gehad??? [of woord ik voor deze kritische vraag weer gecenseerd en het thread direct door de administrator gesloten? :( ]

p.p.s. waroom heb jij een belgse vlaag als je in nederland woont. Ou faut t'il parler francais? :)
Copter
Beitrag von Copter »

Roger,

It is a problem that a lot of people have, finding the airport.....

Copter
NIEDERRHEIN AVIATION SOCIETY
http://www.sgniederrhein.net
pax
Junior User

Beitrag von pax »

So, nun mal wieder zurück zum eigentlichen Thema:

Der Vogel war heute morgen in der Luft, und zwar über Geldern-Veert. Kam aus Richtung Kevelaer, drehte eine Runde über Veert und flog dann zurück richtung Kevelaer.

War leider zu schnell für einen Schnappschuß.

Das Ding hat übrigens einen relativ interessanten Sound. Hatte aus der Entfernung ein bischen was von dem dumpfen Dröhnen der Tante Ju.

Gruß

Pax
Gruß

pax
dD
Senior User
Beitrag von dD »

As I heard yesterday (and allowed to tell you :lol: ) it seems they didn't finish their shootings and so...

...the S58 will come back on 17.Dez. 2004 Bild Bild

Its not 100% confirmed, if I know I will tell you HERE.
Bild
Copter
Beitrag von Copter »

Yes !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NIEDERRHEIN AVIATION SOCIETY
http://www.sgniederrhein.net
Triple Nickel

(and allowed to tell you :lol: )
eh eh... very important... 8) 8)

I heard 18 december.....

But anyway: Around those days it should be back in NRN.

Greetz, Ron
eT

Beitrag von eT »

back on 17th, shooting (film) on 18th ... maybe that works out? :)
eT
Roger
New User

Beitrag von Roger »

Did some research on the S58 filming and found out that the shooting is/was on behalf of a RTL tv movie ( 3 hours total, to be broadcasted in 2 parts in jan/feb 2006) with the name of Die Sturmflutt. To make things more interesting, the director of the movie will continue in the future with a movie on the Berlin Luftbrucke, which only can mean that in the near future some vintage transports have to be flown into to Germany. Money isn't a problem, the budget for Sturmflutt is over 8.8 mil, so there will be (also) enough for the Berlin one. So my guess is what transports, apart from the obvious Dakota's, will be flown in, and where the filming will take place. If they had good experiences at NR, they might come back.

BW for 2005,

Roger
Triple Nickel

So my guess is what transports, apart from the obvious Dakota's, will be flown in, and where the filming will take place. If they had good experiences at NR, they might come back.
:shock: :shock: This would be nice, the Berlin Airlifters seen at NRN in 2005..... this would be great!

Let's hope the moviemakers think also like us..

Greetz, Ron
Roger
New User

Beitrag von Roger »

He is also going to do a movie on the Dresden bombartment. The info comes from an article in a Berlin paper. Maybe thet won't come to NRN but maybe they do, who knows. As the airlift was in 48, I'll guess that filming must take place no later than 2006, early 2007. And, by the way, Sturmflutt will be shot untill March 2005, so the S58 might come back. In the article it was said that the pilot of the S58 also flew helicopters (I think S58s), during the February Hamburg floods on which the movie is based. BW Roger
Antworten